Skip to main content
Honors Colloquium

Map Exhibit


The Village of Richmond prior to the flooding of the Scituate Reservoir.

-- Roland Duhaime, URI Environmental Data Center



The Scituate Reservoir, completed in 1925, was built to supply water for the greater City of Providence. Flooding for the reservoir inundated six villages, one of them being the village of Richmond in the Town of Scituate...

Click here to return to the Map Exhibits page.