This Agreement made effective this _____ day of _____ , 200__ is between the University of Rhode Island (the University) and (User) of the University Personal World Wide Web (Web) Page services who has signed at the end of this Agreement. If User is an organization, the organization shall designate an individual to be responsible for the format and content of the personal Web pages; and that person shall sign this agreement.
The personal Web pages served by the University Web server are accessible by Internet users around the world and are subject to all local, state, federal, and international law, as well as University policy.
It is necessary to distinguish between the official University Web pages, which represent the University, and personal Web pages, which may contain individual opinion and other content not related to the University.
For those and other reasons, it is important that the obligations of both the User and the University be clearly understood. Therefore, the University and the User, whose signature appears below, agree to the following:
Terms and Conditions
1. The University shall provide personal Web pages services to User pursuant to the policies and procedures of the University including but not limited to the University of Rhode Island's General World Wide Web Use Policy (http://www.uri.edu/home/help/www/web_policy.html), in particular the sections relating to Policies for Content and Policies for Personal Web Pages, and the Use of University Computer Facilities Policy or any other applicable policies which the University may designate in its sole discretion ("University Policies"), and the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. User understands and agrees that the University's computer resources, including but not limited to the Web server and network, are provided to User as a privilege, not a right.
3. All contents of the personal Web pages of User shall be the sole responsibility of User. The following disclaimer must appear explicitly (not just via a link) on a top-level personal Web page which resides on a University-owned computer or which depends upon University-owned communications for access:
"This personal Web page is not an official University of Rhode Island Web page. See disclaimer."
where the link for "See disclaimer" should point to
4. The content of User's personal pages shall adhere to the University Policies and any and all applicable local, state, or federal laws. User's signature below verifies that the User has read and agreed to the terms and conditions of those policies.
5. The content of Web pages are public, and User agrees that by posting the pages he or she makes them available to the public.
6. User's E-mail address shall be displayed on each top-level personal Web page.
7. The University may limit the amount of space that is provided on the server.
8. User's personal Web pages shall be removed from the server no later than one semester after User leaves the University.
9. Any violation by User of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any applicable University Policies may result in the imposition of sanctions, including those stated in the University Policies and/or revocation of the privilege granted by the University in this Agreement.
By signing below I acknowledge that I have read this Agreement, the University of Rhode Island's General World Wide Web Use Policy, including its Policies for Content and for Personal Web Pages. I understand and agree that I must abide by the terms of this Agreement, the World Wide Web Policy, all applicable University Policies, and any and all local, state, or federal laws. I acknowledge and I agree that if any of my activities violate in the sole opinion of the University, any applicable laws or policies, this privilege granted to me may be revoked and sanctions as outlined in those applicable laws and policies may be imposed as necessary.
|Agreed to by:||UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND|
Personal Web Page Information for Listing.
|Home Page URL:||_________________________________|