Ph.D. in Education
The collaborative Program is designed for educators whose professional experience and goals match the Program’s mission and focus. This focus is reflected in the core assumptions:
- Effective educational reform might best be accomplished by the improvement of existing institutions.
- Leaders of reforms should be experienced and reflective educators who are guided by the history of American education, but not confined by it.
- Past and current educational practices must be carefully evaluated in order to refine some and replace others.
- Blueprints for educational improvement and reform should be shaped by previous research on educational theory and practice.
- Educational improvement and reform should be systematically evaluated.
Return to Home Page