College of Human Science and Services
Program Exception Petition Instructions
- Obtain a Program Exception from your department office or from the
Deans office in Quinn 112, or download the form here.
- Specify clearly the exact waiver, exception, or
substitution you wish to have your department consider.
- State the grounds on which your petition is based. Attach
any supporting documentation (ex: syllabus of courses, photo
copies of course descriptions or course outlines, memos of
- Review the petition with your assigned academic advisor
and obtain advisor approval and signature.
- Submit the petition to the department chairperson in which
you are majoring for approval and signature.
- Return the petition for program exception form to the
Dean's Office in Quinn 112. You will be sent an updated
report documenting the program modification.
Students whose Petition For Program
Exception has not been approved by a department, will be notified
by the Deans office and should follow-up with their academic
department for clarification.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Having a requirement waived by
your department does NOT reduce the total number of credits
required for graduation.