- Obtain a College of Human Science and Services Scholastic
Standing Petition form from the Deans office in Quinn 112.
- Specify clearly the exact waiver, exception, or
substitution you wish to have the committee consider.
- State the grounds on which your petition is based. Attach
any supporting documentation. (ex: syllabus of courses,
photo copies of course descriptions or course outlines,
memos of support). It is recommended that you
review the petition with your assigned academic
- Submit your petition to the department chairperson in
which you are majoring for approval and signature.
- If the petition is for a substitution of a course, not
approved for general education by the College of Human
Science and Services, the petition must also be approved by
the chair of the department in
which the course being petitioned is taught.
For example, if you are petitioning to
satisfy a Natural Science requirement with a course that has
not been approved by the College of Human Science and
Services ask for support from the chair of the department in
which the non-approved course is taught. He or she should
write a statement that in his/her opinion the course is
appropriate to satisfy the requirement.
- Return the petition form to the Dean's Office in Quinn
112. You will be notified by mail of the committee's
NOTE: If you are petitioning for the waiver of a
requirement, you need only secure the support of the department chair in
which you are majoring prior to Scholastic Standing
Having a requirement waived by the Scholastic Standing
Committee does NOT reduce the total number of credits
required for graduation.