Date: February, 1986 (revised)
To set forth policy with regard to the reporting of accrued and discharged
compensatory time and to
establish a consistent policy.
II. APPLICABLE TO:
Non-classified staff (except executive pay plan, non-union employees).
1. It is the responsibility of the employee and the Dean,
Director or Department head to familiarize
themselves with said policy.
2. It is the responsibility of the Dean, Vice President/Provost or
designee to authorize such compensatory
time prior to the work being performed.
3. It is the responsibility of the Dean, Vice President/Provost or
designee to ensure that compensatory
time is expended within time limits.
4. It is the responsibility of the employee and Dean, or Vice
President/Provost to certify compensatory
time which must be recorded on the employee's bi-weekly timecard.
1. Compensatory time credits will be recognized only for
required work conducted beyond the regular
full work day with prior authorization by the Dean or Vice President/Provost.
2. The employee shall be compensated at the rate of one (1)
hour for each hour earned (1:1). Compensatory
time must be discharged as time off within the three (3) month period of its accrual.
However, if denied the opportunity to expend said compensatory time within the
three (3) month
period, and in accordance with the appropriate collective bargaining contract, the employee shall
refer the matter to the Assistant Vice President for Human Resource Administration, who shall either
order payment of compensatory time which has accrued within the previous three (3) month period
or prescribe a schedule by which such time shall be expended or a combination of both.
4. When retirement, resignation, or death occurs,
non-classified staff or their estates shall be entitled to
receive full pay for documented unexpected compensatory time as of the employee's date of termination
(this time can only be accrued in the previous 30 days).
5. The above said policy does not include sea pay.
Reporting of compensatory time accruals and discharges will be done on the
timecard, certified by the employee and his/her supervisor.