Date: July 7, 1982
REQUEST FOR NEW POSITIONS
To establish a procedure for processing requests for new positions in the classified and non-classified services.
1. Classified Services means positions subject to the
regulations of the University and the Personnel Rules
of the state. Positions involved in clerical, culinary, custodial and maintenance work, and some
administrative positions are in classified service.
2. Non-classified Service means positions subject only
to the regulations of the University and the Board
of Governors, Faculty, administrative, and research positions are in the non-classified service
III. NEW POSITIONS REQUESTS:
1. New positions, classified and non-classified, are requested
on a USP-1 form. Forms are available at
Central Stores located in the Sherman Building.
2. The completed USP-1 form is routed in accordance with
instructions contained on the back of the
3. Requests for new non-classified, non-faculty positions must
be accompanied by a job description and
a departmental organizational chart.
4. The Office of Human Resource Administration reviews the
approved request for compliance with the