Section 2. 6
Date: April 1988
I. APPLICABLE TO:
1. Tuition waiver is applicable to University non-union and
union employees. See attached
Tuition Waiver form.
1. It is the responsibility of the employee to fill out a
Tuition Waiver Request Form completely and
2. The Assistant Vice President for Human Resource
Administration, or his designee, has the sole
responsibility of verifying employment and improving the request based on applicable collective
bargaining contract, Board of Governors' Policy or University Personnel Policy.
3. It is the responsibility of the Registrar's office to
determine if the dependents (children only) are
4. It is the responsibility of the Bursar's Office to apply the applicable Tuition Waiver Policy concerning:
a. number of courses and/or credits allowed in the semester, and:
b. limitations on number of degrees that may be pursued.
1. The Bursar's Office will not waive the General Fee unless presented with a Tuition Waiver form.
1. A separate Tuition Waiver
form is submitted in triplicate each semester for each student and each
2. The employee requesting the tuition waiver completes the
employee information sections, and signs and
dates the form.
a. The Tuition Waiver Form must be signed by the employee. The
signature attests that the employee
is requesting the tuition waiver and had read the eligibility requirements printed on the Tuition
b. If the employee is requesting a tuition waiver for a child
or dependent, his/her signature attests to
the relevant continuous registration or legal dependency certification statement on the form.
3. Tuition Waiver Forms for the University of Rhode Island,
including the College of Continuing Education,
are submitted directly to the appropriate Bursar's Office with payment of the registration fees. Tuition
Waiver Forms, submitted after the Monday following official registration day are submitted to the Office
of Human Resource Administration for approval first, and then submitted to the appropriate Bursars'
Employees submit the Tuition Waiver Form with auxiliary fees as follows:
a. in person or by mail by the term bill due date if the student has been billed, or;
b. in person on Registration Day if the employee has not pre-registered and has not been billed.
4. Tuition Waiver Forms for Rhode Island College and the
Community College of Rhode Island must
be pre-approved by the Office of Human Resource Administration.
5. Tuition Waivers for URI, including CCE, are reviewed
immediately after the registration period.
Employees with application problems are notified by the Office of Human Resource Administration.
1. The Tuition Waiver Form must be completed in triplicate
each semester. The form is available from
the Office of Human Resource Administration, 80 Lower College Road, Tel. #874-2416.