Study Abroad and International Internships
National Student Exchange
Visiting Exchange Student
International Education Week (IEW)
International Students & Scholars
International Student and Scholar Photo Contest
Are you an international student or scholar studying at URI with a desire to showcase your digital photography skills?
Submit your photos reflecting your experience in the U.S. and/or URI to show "America Through a Global Lens."
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $50
3rd Place: $50
deadline: November 1, 2012
How to Enter:
- Download the entry form.
- Resize your photos to the appropriate size: no smaller than 30kb and no larger than 100mb.
- Save your photos in jpg, gif, or tiff format.
- Submit your electronic photos and the entry form via e-mail to email@example.com by 3:30pm on Thursday, November 1, 2012.
- From November 1 to November 9, the first round of judging will occur on Facebook:
- Visit www.facebook.com/URIstudyabroad;
- "Like" the URI Study Abroad Page;
- Vote by clicking "Like" for as many photos as you choose from the "America Through a Global Lens" photo album.
- Encourage your friends and family to vote for their favorite photos!
- The top five photos with the most "Likes" as of 12:00pm on Friday, November 9 will move on to the final round of judging by panel of URI faculty.
- Winners will be announced at the International Student and Scholar Photo Contest Reception on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 2:00pm in the Memorial Union Lounge.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Each contest participant must be a matriculated international student at URI during the fall 2012 semester.
- Note: Only full-time international students at URI can win prize money, but scholars, faculty and staff are welcome to submit their work for display.
- Contestants must have taken the picture in the U.S. or at URI during the fall 2012 semester (starting since Welcome Week).
- Students may submit a maximum of two photos. If you submit more than two photos, the first two photos will be accepted and additional photos will be deleted.
- Photos should be sized no smaller than 30kb and no larger than 100mb.
staff retains the right to disqualify any photo deemed inappropriate
(i.e. photos featuring alcohol, nudity, defiling of property, illicit
activity or any form of degradation)
- Photos must be submitted with an entry form. If there is no entry form with your photos, your photos will not be considered.
submitting your photos and entry form to the Office of International
Education with a digital signature, you agree that all interest to
original images provided by you and any reproductions thereof shall
become the property of the University of Rhode Island, that no
compensation shall be due to you, and that photo credit will be given
where possible, but is not guaranteed. By entering to this contest, you
hereby release the University of Rhode Island, its agents, and
employees from all liability or legal responsibility that may arise
from the acts you have authorized or consented to herein.