Study Abroad and International Internships
National Student Exchange
Visiting Exchange Student
International Students & Scholars
International Education Week (IEW) FAQs
1. How can I participate in IEW?
- Any college, department, center or student group can participate in IEW by coordinating an activity at URI during the week of November 12. Please visit our suggestions page to view a list of suggested activities for individuals who would like to host IEW events. All activity submissions must be received by the Office of International Education by October 1.
2. Who is heading up IEW at URI?
- IEW will be overseen by the University’s Office of International Education (OIE).
3. If OIE is heading up the event, what will my responsibility be?
- Individual organizing groups will be responsible for generating their activity idea, organizing the logistics, providing the event details to OIE so that OIE may include the event within the IEW promotional material, promoting the event within their cohort of students/faculty/staff and implementing the event on the day-of.
4. If that’s so, how will OIE support my event?
- OIE shall offer resources for event planning and logistics, and will provide publicity and promotions for International Education Week, including highlights of each individual event, across campus. Your event will be promoted in the following ways: on the event website; events calendar; URI-wide email; newspaper, flyer, poster and other print material, and more.
5. I’d like to participate and have some exciting ideas, but I’ve never organized an event on campus before and don’t know where to start. What do you suggest?
- OIE is here to provide resources to assist IEW participants with the event-planning. Once you’ve submitted an event form to OIE, you’ll receive a confirmation of your submission and suggestions regarding Next Steps and what participants should expect in the months and weeks leading up to International Education Week. This information is also available on the IEW website here.