Study Abroad and International Internships
National Student Exchange
Visiting Exchange Student
International Students & Scholars
Sample Ideas For IEW
- Host an International Career Day by inviting alumni and /or local international experts as speakers.
- Organize a symposium on campus or in your community with an "international" theme such as:
- The importance of foreign language study
- International exchange and study abroad opportunties
- International education as the key to homeland security
- The global classroom: Internet exchange and distance learning
- Intercultural communication
- Recruit local citizens with overseas experience (Fulbright students, scholars and teachers, former diplomats, Peace Corps volunteers, business leaders, or journalists) to discuss their international experiences and the importance of international education and exchange.
- Organize a panel presentation, quiz bowl, debate or lecture, or informal coffee hour or brown-bag-lunch based on a current event, human rights issue or another international topic.
- Produce and/or screen a video about the experiences of international students on your campus and/or students back from a semester or year abroad.
- Organize a cultural event spotlighting a particular country or region such as a film screening, live performance or art exhibit, or interactive activities such as teaching students how to cook food of a particular country, learn a traditional dance, or the basics of a foreign language.
- Participate in a Model UN or play host to a high school Model UN.
(Credit: U.S. Department of State)