Instructional Faculty – Staff whose primary assignment is instruction, including those with release time for research.
- Full Professors – Tenured and Tenure-Track faculty.
- Full, Assistant, Associate Professors – Tenure Track faculty. Tenure is granted upon demonstration of a strong record of administrative service, publishing, research and teaching.
- Instructors – Tenure-Track faculty pursuing completion of a doctorate.
- Clinical Faculty – Non-Tenure-Track Faculty holding limited appointments of at least twenty hours per week which generally exceed one year in duration and are supported by non-general revenue funds.
- Lecturers – Individuals appointed to limited teaching assignments of at least one year in duration and are supported by general revenue funds.
- Part Time Faculty – individuals assigned to teach no more than two courses per semester on an as needed basis.
Research Only Faculty – Staff whose primary assignment is research.