- SmartMoney magazine ranks URI #1 in New England and 13th in nation for return on investment in August 2011
- In July 2008, Forbes ranks Washington County, R.I.
(Home of the University of Rhode Island) the nation's 12th best place to raise a family.
- In October 2007, Rhode Island was ranked 8th America's Greenest state by Forbes.
- Most URI students come from Rhode Island (62%) -- Followed by Massachusetts (12%), Connecticut(7%), New Jersey (6%), and New York (6%).
- On average, URI full time degree-seeking undergraduates are 20 years old -- 8 percent are 25 or older.
- The most popular undergraduate major is Nursing - followed by Psychology, Kinesiology, Communication Studies, Biological Sciences, and Human Development & Family Studies.
- 48 percent of 2013 degree-seeking undergraduates are Rhode Islanders.
- About 15% of URI female undergraduate student join sororities and 15% male undergraduate students join fraternities.
- URI students hail from 53 U.S. territories and the District of Columbia
- URI students and visiting scholars come from 68 countries/regions.
- 91 percent of URI freshmen live in the residence halls.