University Student Handbook
The University of Rhode Island is a principled community guided by values. As members of this community, we subscribe to the following principles, which form the foundation of our endeavors.
- We pursue knowledge with honesty, integrity, and courage.
- We promote independent choice, intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and free expression.
- We respect the rights and dignity of each individual and group. We reject prejudice and intolerance, and we work to understand differences.
- We accept personal responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
- We actively cooperate to improve the University, the state of Rhode Island, and the global community beyond our borders.
- We strive to be a community where the environment and property are treated respectfully
- We seek to create and maintain an environment conducive to personal health and wellness.
- We work to develop skills which promote lifelong learning, leadership, and service.
Developed by the Quality of Student Life Committee