- Children and Young Adult materials for preK-12 such as classics, picture books, wordless picture books, beginning-to-read books, folk literature, fairy tales, mythology, modern fantasy, poetry, plays, fiction and nonfiction. Emphasis will be given to award-winning books and authors, as well as books about local culture and local authors
- State, regional, and national curriculum guides and teaching standards; local curriculum guides will be collected comprehensively
- Textbooks preK-12 in all curricular subjects with a focus on state adopted textbooks
- Professional teaching materials preK-12 designed to enhance lesson preparation and classroom teaching experiences of pre-service teachers are collected in all curriculum areas such as idea and activity, teaching methods, unit and lesson plans, classroom management, or bulletin board idea materials
- Reference materials intended for pre-service teachers as well as children and young adults are collected such as children’ literature indexes and bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, thesauri, and indexes and reviewing sources for educational media, software, and technology
- Non-print materials are collected designed to support lesson plan and class preparation such as educational media, software, technology, kits, games, and puppets.
For assistance please call the Curriculum Materials Library Reference Desk at (401) 874-4004. The Head of Curriculum Materials Library is Mona Anne Niedbala. She can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (401) 874-9433.