Selection of CML Materials
- CML materials are selected based on the following criteria:
- Correlation to the curriculum
- Areas of collection weakness
- Observed needs of students
- Consultation with faculty in the School of Education
- Literary and technical quality
- Accuracy of information
- Authority of author, publisher, etc.
- Cost of item in relation to the budget, the needs of all areas, and the relative value in comparison with other available products
- Diversity of formats, subject matter, views and grade level
- The Curriculum Materials Librarian will consult authoritative review sources such as library and discipline-oriented journals, books and relevant databases in order to ensure the collection of high quality materials. Care is taken to ensure that materials are unbiased and balanced regarding ethnic, racial, religious, disability, social, and gender content coverage
- Final selection decisions are the responsibility of the Curriculum Materials Librarian
- The CML maintains the Professional and Curriculum collections through annual allocations from the university and private donations. New materials are purchased every year
For assistance please call the Curriculum Materials Library Reference Desk at (401) 874-4004. The Head of Curriculum Materials Library is Mona Anne Niedbala. She can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (401) 874-9433.