The Department of Communications provides timely news and information to the University community, alumni and friends, and to regional and national media about events, faculty research and accomplishments, student projects, and more.
Located in the Division of University Advancement, the department is the central clearinghouse for information about the University.
Among other activities, the Department of Communications/News Bureau staff:
- Write and distribute press releases to the media
- Manage and maintain the University-wide Calendar of Events
- Promote and manage the University's Speaker's Bureau
- Produce a monthly publication, The University Pacer
- Manage and maintain the University broadcast news voicemail system
- Direct and manage press conferences and briefings
- Consult with faculty, staff, and students on public relations issues
- Produce a News Sources Directory
- Maintain listserves URINews (and URINewsLine for alumni) that provides a weekly summary of news announcements and calendar of events.
- The Department is also responsible for University-wide marketing activities.
Meet Our Staff