FDIC vice chairman, counsel to Rep. Barney Frank to speak at URI Financial Services Symposium
Dave Lavallee, 401-874-5862
April 6, 2009
‘Fueling the Financial Services Engine’ is theme of April 7 program
WHO: •U.S. Sen. Jack Reed, who was added to the program this week
• Martin Gruenberg, vice chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
•James Segel, special counsel to Congressman Barney Frank, who is chairman of the House Financial Services Committee
•Stephen Gresham, senior vice president at Fidelity Investments
•Donald L. Carcieri, governor;
•Robert L. Carothers, president of the University of Rhode Island:
•Mark Higgins, dean of the URI College of Business Administration.
WHAT: The 2009 URI College of Business Administration Financial Services Symposium. Speakers to discuss current state of banking and financial services, nationally and locally.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 7, 7:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• 8 a.m.-- opening ceremony with Reed, Carcieri, Carothers and Higgins offering remarks.
• 8:30 to 9:15 a.m.—Stephen Gresham, senior vice president with Fidelity Investments and the Taubman Center for Public Policy at Brown University.
• 10:45 a.m., Roundtable Discussion, “From Crisis to Confidence – What is the Role of Regulation?”, featuring James Segel, special counsel to Congressman Barney Frank
• 12:30 p.m.—Martin Gruenberg, vice chairman of the FDIC
• For a full schedule, go to http://www.cba.uri.edu/home/visitors/fss/
WHERE: Rhode Island Convention Center, One Sabin St., Providence
TO MAKE COVERAGE ARRANGMENTS: Call Dave Lavallee, URI Department of Communications and Marketing at 401-874-2116.