URI alumni, Rev. Lynn Baker Dooley among latest Leadership Rhode Island's class
Jhodi Redlich, 401-874-4500
KINGSTON, R.I. -- February 16, 2011 -- Leadership Rhode Island (LRI), the organization that has helped to develop many of the state's top leaders, has selected seven URI alumni and the Rev. Lynn Baker Dooley as emerging leaders to participate in its 10-month program.
This year's program, "Rhode Island: The Center of the Universe," will cover critical Rhode Island issues and will focus participants on activities happening around the country and the world that impact Rhode Island. They will also consider activities occurring in Rhode Island that have an impact on the country and the globe.
The URI alumni among the LRI 2011 class are:
• Eric S. Anderson, CEO, Enviro-Clean, Inc., URI '02
• Robert DeOrsey, vice president of Underwriting, Loss Prevention & Premium Audit, Beacon Mutual, URI '85
• Barbara K. Hart, vice president & team leader, managed assets, The Washington Trust Company URI '85
• Katy Hynes, senior litigation associate, Adler Polock & Sheehan P.C., URI '94
• Patrick J. Martin, CPA, senior manager, Kahn, Litwin, Renza & Co., URI '87
• Andrew Nota, director of administrative services, Town of South Kingstown, URI '87, M.B.A.’91
• Robert A. Shawver, administrator, planning & finance, Rhode Island Department of Transportation, M.C.P.’79.
Founded in 1981, Leadership Rhode Island is a nationally recognized community leadership development organization that provides leaders and emerging leaders with knowledge and access to resources that will enable them to positively affect their communities. The program evaluates and explores a range of critical RI topics of media, economy, education/workforce, government, basic human needs, crime/incarceration, hospitality/tourism, national defense, arts/culture/heritage.