‘Whitey’ Bulger, death investigations among topics of URI Forensic Science Seminar Series
Dave Lavallee, 401-874-5862
KINGSTON, R.I.- September 12, 2011- Death investigations, security and the FBI hunt for James “Whitey” Bulger are just some of the themes that will be discussed in this year’s University of Rhode Island Forensic Science Seminar Series.
The program provides a chance for students, faculty and the public to develop a better understanding of crime, and the methods used to solve and prevent crime.
Seminars will be held Fridays from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in Room 124 of Pastore Hall, 51 Lower College Road, Kingston. All are free and open to the public.
The schedule is as follows:
• Sept. 16, Priya Banerjee, Rhode Island medical examiner, “Death Investigations.”
• Sept. 23, Joseph Errera, retired FBI agent and forensic expert, “Forensics and Crime Scene Investigations.”
• Sept. 30, Adam Hall, instructor at Boston University, Biomedical Forensic Sciences, “Instrumental Analysis of Evidence.”
• Oct. 7, Marc Tobias, investigative attorney and lock specialist- author of Locks, Safes and Security: An International Police Reference, “Physical Security.”
• Oct. 14, Bob Leuci, retired New York police detective, author and URI professor, “Ethics and the Criminal Justice Employee.”
• Oct. 21, Bob Fitzpatrick, retired FBI agent who worked the James “Whitey” Bulger case, “The Essence of Profiling.”
• Oct. 28, Patricia Beauchamp, development manager at Outer Planet Missions, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, “Planetary Protection.”
• Nov. 4th, Amylynn Miller, supervisory special agent at the FBI Boston Division, “Contemporary Issues in the FBI.”
• Nov. 18, Rita Vazquez-Torres, of the Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center, “Robotic Assistance in Disaster Prevention and Response and Forensic Analysis.”
• Dec. 2, Marina Carboni, of the Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center, “Soldier Protection Against Blast Overpressure.”
• Dec. 9, Bob Fitzpatrick, retired FBI agent, “Betrayal- FBI Chase of ‘Whitey’ Bulger.”