Be an Orientation Leader.
APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE!!
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 11/7, 12PM, IN ROOSEVELT HALL138A
2013 ORIENTATION LEADER APPLICATION
What we look for in an Orientation Leader :
- Successful academic performance (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
- Note: first-year students and new transfer students are on conditional status until fall grades are posted.
- A dedication to creating an inclusive environment for orientation staff, faculty, students and family participants
- Desire to learn more about yourself and your ability to communicate and lead others
- Willingness to be a team player
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Great sense of school spirit
Role of an Orientation Leader:
- Serve as an ambassador to incoming students & families
- Facilitate workshops & information sessions relating to academics, social environment, and URI culture
- Assist with all aspects of the summer program including, but not limited to, check-in and check-out, student course scheduling, workshop presentations, and a theatrical production
- Work cooperatively with all University personnel and orientation staff
- Participate in all orientation sessions and trainings
- Live in an assigned residence hall for summer training and duration of the June program
- Adhere to all University and orientation policies and procedures
- Participate in 2 Spring Welcome Days for the Class of 2017, and the Fall & Spring Orientation Advising Days
- Good academic standing: a current minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (minimum GPA maintained for entire length of the position)
- Good disciplinary standing
- Should be available to begin working on a part-time basis in the fall 2012 and the spring 2013 semesters; work full-time in May and June.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective time management, creativity, multicultural competence, self-motivation and a strong work ethic
- A dedication to creating an inclusive working environment for orientation staff, faculty, families and student participants.
- Availability for all summer orientation dates
- Earn $1700, plus room and board for the summer training and June sessions
- Gain extensive knowledge and understanding of URI
- Gain valuable professional skills and knowledge in leadership, personal awareness, group facilitation, public speaking and relationship building
- Interact with a variety of students, family members, faculty and administration
- Make lasting friendships and memories
Orientation 2013 Session Dates:
||Transfer Day: June 19