Welcome to the University of Rhode Island!
Please Note: Transfer Orientation is ONLY for students with 24+ transferable credits. Students with less than 24 credits need to attend a traditional 2-day orientation session.
- Wednesday June 19th
- Check in from 7:45-8:00am
- Parking available at The Fine Arts Center via Upper College Road
Transfer Orientation Advantage:
- It is only for students coming to URI with 24+ transferrable credits.
- Provides students the opportunity to meet 1 on 1 with a faculty advisor to:
- review transfer credits
- review URI curriculum and our General Education program
- register for fall 2013 courses
- ask any and all academic questions
- Students will receive their URI ID card, activate URI e-mail, and learn campus resources and involvement opportunities.
- Representatives from Enrollment Services (Billing and Financial Aid), dining, and various housing options will be available.
- Please note: Students who have already met with an advisor and registered for fall courses are welcome to attend transfer orientation but will be exempt from the academic advising portion.
Advising Options for Transfer Students:
- Option 1 (Suggested): Register to attend Transfer Day on June 19. To register, simply click "Register Now" in the right hand column of this page.
- Option 2: Contact your academic dean, advisor, or department chair to schedule an advising appointment. For more information please visit:
Important Information for Transfer Students
Transfer Families: Families: learn about an orientation program we have for you.
NEW! Transfer Student Checklist: Your comprehensive checklist for starting at URI.
Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to frequently asked questions
Meet the Orientation Staff
Directions: Don't get lost, we want to see you in Kingston.
Books and Computers: URI Bookstore and RAM Computer Store
University College Advising: visit here to learn about URI Academics
Internships and Experiential Learning: a great way to earn experience and credit.
Disability Services for Students (DSS)