Literature Search Databases|
An IMPORTANT Note: To access MEDLINE, IPA, and Cochrane off-campus, you MUST register your student ID at the library's circulation desk.Databases
- ChemIDplus--National Library of Medicine - Provides access to structure, nomenclature, toxicology, clinical & other data
- Clin-Alert - Semi-monthly newsletter summarizing significant adverse reactions, drug-drug interactions, and FDA advisories.
- Cochrane Databases - Provides evidence-based systematic reviews of the literature.
- EMBASE - Search database of over 5000 healthcare journals, with good international coverage. A good resource to complement MEDLINE.
- Google Scholar - Searches medical literature on the web
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts - Similar to MEDLINE, but with a focus on pharmacy-related journals.
- LILACS, Latin American and Caribbean Health Sciences Literature - Latin American & Caribbean Health Sciences Literature covers medical literature published in countries of Latin America and the Caribbean since 1982
- PubMed - PubMed linked to URI holdings.
- Scirus - Scirus searches websites from universities, scientific publishers, learned societies, government agencies, and other reputable sources to ensure high quality information retrieval.
Back to Drug Information Homepage