State Approved Training Program in Drug Administration (Med Tech) PAD002/5000
This non-credit course is designed to meet the requirements of Section R23-17.9 Rules and Regulations Pertaining to RI Certificates of Registration for Medication Aides, Rhode Island Department of Health. This course is offered in cooperation with the College of Pharmacy, URI/FCCE Office of Special Programs and the Rhode Island Department of Health. All instructors are RI registered pharmacists that have been selected through the University’s College of Pharmacy.
Subject areas to be included are:
- Medication Dosage Forms
- Legal Constraints
- Over the Counter Products
- Seizure Treatment
- Pain Medication Therapy
- Neuropsychopathic Medications
- Antiemetic Agents
- Systems of Measurements & Medical Abbreviations
- Steroids, Hormones and Synthetic Substitutes
- Asthma and COPD
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
Requirements for students enrolling in PAD 002 (Med Tech Course):
- Student must have a high school diploma or GED
- Non-US Citizens MUST provide proof of legal residence at the time of registration
- Student is required to attend each class, as state licensure requires 45 hours of instruction
- Student must attain an average grade of 70 in order to pass this class
- Student must be currently employed in a RI DOH State Licensed Nursing Home / Assisted Living /Adult Day Care or RI DOH state licensed Group Home and not working in a hospital or through an agency
- Student must be a licensed CNA with an active status and be at least 18 years old
Fall 2014: Class begins on Tuesday, September 2nd and ends Tuesday, December 16th, from 6-9:00PM at the URI/Feinstein Providence Campus in Room 328 (one night per week) and begins promptly at 6PM.
The fee for this class is *$475 and is due in full at the time of registration.
*Check or money order only (payable to URI). *There is a $20 returned check fee
All forms must be completed in full. This class is limited to 40 students, on a first-come-first-served basis and usually fills immediately.
Completed registration forms MUST be hand carried with all materials (including payment) in full to: 80 Washington St., Room 208, Providence (M-F 8:30-4:00) Faxed registrations will not be accepted. We do not accept cash, credit cards or partial payments.
For questions about the program and to receive an advanced mailing about the next class, please call the Office of Special Programs at the Feinstein Providence Campus, 401-277-5050 or email Annie Tella email@example.com