The Value of You:
Why Obtaining a College Degree is a Smart Investment.
In today’s world, education is one of the most important and valuable things that you can invest in. Whether you are right out of high school, looking to finish what you’ve started, interested in furthering your current career, or looking to change your path altogether, obtaining a college degree is a smart choice to make for yourself, your family, and your future. Now is the time to consider a degree for these reasons and more:
- Make more money - a degree opens up doors to a higher income. The United States Department of Labor reports that unemployment is lower and earned wages are higher among employees with college degrees.
- Sharpen your skills and discover more opportunities - whether you are looking to advance within the job you have, or are looking to start a new career, a degree will qualify you for more and better work.
- Improve your professional and personal social networks - going back to school not only is a great way meet people in various professions, but it’s a great place to make new friends and create a supportive community for yourself.
- Expand your horizons - not only will you learn things to further your new or current career path, but you will learn things you didn’t even know about yourself.
- Be a role model - a degree shows others your persistence, eagerness, and ability to challenge yourself. All of these are great qualities to show to the world.
- Improve your quality of life - a degree not only builds confidence, but it instills a sense of pride in yourself, your life, and your future.
If you are looking for a total change, or personal and professional growth, a college degree has value. When it comes to a degree it is important to consider the school that will be worth the time and investment, and in New England there are many options. The best investments are based on results, and The University of Rhode Island was ranked #1 by SmartMoney magazine for the best tuition and graduate earning ratio in the area. If you are looking for flexibility and affordability in an exciting urban environment, then the URI Feinstein Providence Campus can set you on the path towards a better future. URI Providence offers evening classes and financial aid for most students. With an array of undergraduate, graduate, professional and certificate programs available, there is no better time for you to realize your dream! The University of Rhode Island Feinstein Providence Campus is located at 80 Washington St. Providence, RI 02903. Call today to meet with an advisor at (401)-277-5162.
By Michael Gravison; Graduate Student in Communication Studies at the University of Rhode Island Feinstein Providence Campus.