Scholarships are available to any adult, continuing education student enrolled in the Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Continuing Education on the URI Feinstein Providence Campus. For information, call 401-277-5070.
Feinstein Scholarships are awarded in the fall, spring and summer. Applications for
- the fall semester are due by August 1
- the spring semester are due by December 1
- the summer sessions by April 20
All other scholarships are awarded annually with applications due August 1.
To apply for one of the scholarships listed you must:
- Complete an application for consideration. Applications are available in the Student Services Office, Room 125.
- Prepare a personal statement of need and submit with application.
- Complete The Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The forms are available at the ASFCCE Financial Aid Office or online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. Proof of FAFSA application must be attached to your scholarship application.
- Submit the completed scholarship application material by due date.
- For Child Development Scholarship, you must interview first with the Coordinator of the Child Development Center. Call 401-277-5416.
The names of the scholarship recipients will be announced prior to the start of each semester. If you are a recipient, you must write a thank you letter to the donor of the scholarship and may be asked to attend the Donor-Scholar Reception where you will have a chance to meet your benefactor.
Scholarships Available to Cover Tuition
Dean Walter A. Crocker Scholarship
Jill Smith Ellsworth Scholarship
Thomas A. & Dorothy M. Verrecchia Scholarship
Richard W. and Ronald S. Buteau Scholarship
The applicant must be a Rhode Island resident who is a matriculated undergraduate continuing education student in good academic standing with genuine financial need.
Peter & Cynthia Gouck Memorial Scholarship
The award will be made to continuing education student in good academic standing and with financial need. Preference to students from North Attleboro.
Norbeck Endowed Scholarship Fund
This award will be made to women with minor children and with financial need. Applicants must be matriculating towards a BA or BS and enrolled full or part-time. The award will be made annually contingent upon satisfactory progress towards graduation.
Dr. Richard M. Bianco Scholarship [BIS Students]
The applicant must be a woman from Rhode Island whose life is in transition and who is enrolled in the BIS Program. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit.
A. Corwin Scholarship [BIS Students]
The applicant must be a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) major in good academic standing with genuine financial need. Strong preference to BIS business majors.
Gregory Demetrakas Scholarship [Mathematics,
Science or Related Fields]
The applicant must be a Rhode Island resident who is pursuing a degree in mathematics, science, or related fields. The applicant must also have demonstrated financial need and be academically meritorious.
Janice Paff Memorial Scholarship
Applicant must be an undergraduate student with limited resources who is enrolled in initial courses.
of Credit Management Rhode Island and Southeastern
New England [Business and Related Fields]
Applicant must be enrolled in a business program, have demonstrated financial need and be academically meritorious. Preference to a Rhode Island resident with second preference to Southeastern New England resident. Awarded first to NACM RISEN members, former members, spouses or children.
Any student enrolled in the ASFCCE with preference to student majoring in Industrial Relations.
Feinstein Scholarship [Any adult new or returning Student or Matriculating ASFCCE Adult Students with Children eligible for Feinstein Child Development Center]
There are two options to this scholarship. You must qualify for one:
- This scholarship is available to adult matriculating students at ASFCCE enrolled in credit courses. May also be available to students enrolled in non-credit courses as funds permit. Recipients are required to perform 30 hours of community service
- The applicant must be an undergraduate who has a child between three and six years old eligible to enroll in the Dr. Pat Feinstein Child Development Center Kindergarten or Preschool. Both parent and child may qualify for scholarships. Parent is required to perform 30 hours of community service.
Scholarships Available for Books
Dean John R. Hackett Scholarship
John J. Mackin III Scholarship
Rae Book Scholarship
John Shepard II Memorial Scholarship
The applicant must have demonstrated financial need
and be in good academic standing. For Rae Award, students must
be enrolled in the Human Development & Family Studies Program. Candidates
for these scholarships must be referred by an advisor.
Quotes from Scholarship Recipients
"This scholarship not only enables me to go back to college, I have the opportunity to reinvent myself through education and hopefully embark on a new career in my mid-forties."
|To Our Donors
There is an adage that says, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." It is because of the generosity of very special individuals that the Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Continuing Education can make these scholarships available to its students. It is with heartfelt appreciation that we thank our donors for their generosity and the difference they have made in the lives of our students.