The W.J. Cummings Veteran Armed Forces Endowed Scholarship
Veteran (Honorable Discharge) OR Survivors (spouse or child), OR Spouse and Child who wishes to attend URI and are not 100% funded by the US Government.
This endowed scholarship will be applicable to the spring 2013 semester with the possibility of a summer renewal depending on fund availability. At the end of each semester, the recipient’s record will be reviewed. To be considered for continuance (for academic year scholarships) or for renewal (for summer or subsequent academic years), the recipient will be expected to:
- Participate in either the URI Supports Student Veterans Committee, URI’s student veteran group or similar group for veterans;
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5;
- Maintain 7 or more credits in the semester (unless approved for fewer credits);
- Follow all student conduct rules;
- Represent URI in a positive manner.
Students who fail to meet these terms may not be continued and may be required to reimburse scholarship funding as determined by the University.
- A completed application,
- A copy of the veteran’s honorable discharge (DD214),
- Copy of your URI transcript,
- A copy of the applicant’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA),
- A résumé detailing military duty and awards, volunteer activities, community services, and jobs held.
endowed scholarships please click on the link below