Research, Scholarship, and Innovation
This group shall review the vision and goals of the Academic Plan in its entirety and work to:
- Identify policies to establish and sustain research/scholarship programs that create niches for URI to attract funding and students.
- Identify improved policies, administrative support, and infrastructure towards achieving greater efficiency and cost effectiveness in support of sponsored programs administration.
- Support scholarly and creative endeavors that build on strong disciplinary and interdisciplinary niches that attract funding, partnerships, and students.
- Develop policies and incentives that promote widespread collaboration between faculty and for-profit, non-profit, and public agency partners towards enhancing economic development, improving the quality of life, and advancing the public good.
- Recommend enhancements to facilities, resources, technology, and infrastructure to support research, scholarship, and innovation, including the Libraries.
- As appropriate, coordinate and communicate with the task force on Graduate Education to ensure that URI attracts and retains academically competitive graduate students.
Membership - to be appointed by VP Alfonso in consultation with Provost and Faculty Senate Exec Committee.
Task Force Members
|Michael Rice, Co-Chair||CELSemail@example.com|
|Bradley Moran, Co-Chair||GSOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Raymond Wright||Dean, Engineering|
|Patrick Logan||Communication Studies|