1. All members of the PTAA Executive Board are automatically Stewards (EXEC Stewards) in addition to their elected office duties.
2. EXEC Stewards are assigned by the Exec Board to certain group(s) of members according to campuses, buildings, special classifications and/or a combination thereof.
3. EXEC Stewardship terminates if a member of the Executive Board is not re-elected in subsequent election(s) or leaves the Board for any reason.
4. EXEC Stewards do not receive any additional dues rebate other than their Exec Board position dues rebate.
1. All Stewards shall abide by PTAA’s local Constitution and Bylaws.
2. There may be situations where the appointment of Stewards outside of the PTAA Executive Board is warranted (PTAA Stewards). The President will then appoint a suitable candidate with the approval of the Executive Board.
3. If a situation or a performance warrants it, the President will dismiss a PTAA Steward with approval of the Executive Board.
4. PTAA Stewards will receive $ 50.00 per quarter of their dues rebated.
1. All Stewards will submit monthly reports three (3) working days before the monthly Executive Board meetings which takes place the first Thursday of a month.
2. Steward reports are to be submitted to PTAA-Stewards@listserv.uri.edu.
3. All Stewards must participate in monthly membership meetings and mandatory steward training.
4. All Stewards will abide by the stewardship functions as developed by the Executive Board. Under no circumstances will a Steward bind the Union in any form and manner.
5. All Stewards should continually report to and communicate with the President and the Chief Steward.
6. All Stewards will deliver to their successor in the position all books, papers, and other property of the Union which are in their possession at the close of their official term.
1. By adoption of this policy all prior Stewardship Policies are null and void.
2. Additions and Alterations to this policy must be approved by the Exec Board.
3. All Stewards will be reviewed annually in February by the Exec Board. The Chief Steward is responsible for gathering all pertinent steward information and presenting it to the Exec Board at the February Exec Board meeting.
4. Membership is to be kept informed about all changes made in the area of PTAA Stewardship.
5. A listing of active Stewards (EXEC and PTAA Stewards) with name, phone, e-mail, area assignment is to be maintained on the PTAA web site.