URI Police Department
5 Risk Reduction Strategies
- MARK YOUR THINGS – Engravers and special markers are available to mark your valuable possessions with your license # and state. Operation ID works!
- LOCK YOUR DOORS – Most thefts occur when the owner “only left for a minute”…
- KEEP YOUR KEYS, COMBOS AND ACCESS CARDS – Your keys, combination and access cards are two of your best security devices. Know where they are at all times. DON’T GIVE/LEND them to others.
- USE OUR SAFERIDE/SAFEWALK SERVICE – SafeRide is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call 874-SAFE to use this service.
- HELP US HELP YOU! – Call the Police whenever you see anyone or anything that doesn’t look or feel right. We will respond – THAT’S OUR JOB!
Call 874-2121, 24 hours/day, 365 days/year.
The Police Department emergency number is 874-2121 and the routine phone number is 874-4910.