Seminar Research Paper Goals
Give you an opportunity to study a topic in much more depth than the regular curriculum allows.
- To provide other students (current and future) with the benefit of your research.
- To sharpen you writing skills.
- Develop/enhance your ability to learn from critical feedback. This involves development of emotional intelligence.
- To develop and sharpen your critical thinking skills. This includes:
- Forming a clear and answerable research question
- Finding relevant research that addresses your question
- Analysis and interpretation of the research of other
- Developing a logical argument though the organization of your paper and presentation.
- Drawing conclusions and making recommendations (even with incomplete information)