The University of Rhode Island has begun collaborating with CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) Program for training in the use of vertebrate animals in research.
CITI software requirements are as follows:
You will need to have Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher (preferred) or Netscape Navigator 6.2 or higher, MS Word or other word processing software capable of viewing files in RTF format, and Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher.
Steps for Access to CITI's Training in Labratory Animal Welfare
1. Go to http://www.citiprogram.org
2. Select "New Users - Register Here"
3. Select your Participating Institution - scroll down to University of Rhode Island
4. Create your user name and password
5. Provide name and E-mail address
6. Complete next CITI "Course Registration" page [note *required fields] - choose "Laboratory Animal Welfare" from the pull-down menu of courses. Continue to "CITI Course Enrollment Questions".
7. Reconfirms your learner Institution and asked if you are also affiliated with any other institution (Select "NO" and continue)
8. Learner's Menus - Two Sections:
Section One: Reviews/confirms your profile information
Section Two: Institutional Headers: Click on Grade Book link to display all required modules
9. Complete ALL the Basic Course modules by reading module text and taking quizzes
10. Review/complete the instructions on the institutional (last) module. You must complete this step for your results to be sent to us.
The modules need not be completed in one sitting. Please Note: Registrants who begin the course but do not log in again for 30 days will be deleted from the system and will have to re-register.
NOTE: URI's Research Compliance office will automatically receive notice once you have completed the CITI courses. Please maintain a copy of your CITI completion report as proof of having successfully completed the appropriate training course.
PHS Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) Tutorial
Animal Welfare Information Center Tutorial
Attending Veterinarian: Dr. David Serra
Contact Information: Division of Research and Economic Development, email@example.com