URI students in the honors course "Classroom without Borders" build houses for Habitat for Humanity in Alabama during spring break 2009.
URI's Honors Program
- offers learning enrichment opportunities that will broaden and enhance your undergraduate educational experience;
- features small classes with outstanding faculty and ample opportunities for research and in-depth study and with faculty mentors;
- organizes a nationally renowned honors colloquium;
- advises and supports students in national scholarship competitions;
- advises students interested in graduate study in the health professions;
- offers apartment-style housing; and
- provides a warm and welcoming environment to all its members.