Social Registration Form
Dear Greek Organization Social Chair:
The following has been put together for your benefit and to improve the relationship
between the Greek community, the University of Rhode Island, and the local
communities. In conjunction with the local police departments, the Office of Student
Life, Substance Abuse Prevention Services, and the Office of Greek Affairs, the
following procedures allow social events to be registered with third party vendors in
the surrounding towns.
By signing this page and completing the form attached you recognize and
acknowledge the following measures are and will be in place:
- All Federal, State, and local laws and ordinances will be upheld.
- A three part transportation plan is in place to ensure the safety of all members
both on campus and down the line. Including a bus system, a sober drive program
in case the need may arise.
- The third party vendor is notified and aware of the event they will be hosting
in conjunction with your organization.
- Positive identification will be used and verified by a designated staff member
of the third party vendor. In tum participants of the legal drinking age will be
- Security will be in place for all buses and provided by the third party vendor or
through a private contract at the venue.
Your organization must be prepared to handle the following risk management issues
and will present a documented plan for the following prior to approval of your event:
- Prohibiting underage drinking.
- Prohibiting ANY drinking at an on-campus event
- Evaluating the sobriety of members attending before boarding the bus is
necessary. A police detail must be present at bus boarding.
- Prohibiting the transportation of alcohol to and from the event.
- Transporting members that need to leave early due to being over served, ill, or
- Fighting and disruptive behavior.
- Damage to the facility, which you will be liable for and will be charged to the
By writing and signing my name to this document I agree to put in place the
identified risk- management reduction steps and certify the information provided