Top 10 Ways to Protect Yourself
10. Stand up for yourself-- be assertive.
9. Pace yourself.
8. Be aware of potentially dangerous situations.
7. Know who to call in case of an emergency.
6. Always have extra money-- you may need to call a cab.
5. Look out for friends who are intoxicated.
4. Know your tolerance level.
3. Always have a designated driver.
2. Know the legal blood alcohol limit in Rhode Island
(.02 for people under 21 and .08 for people 21 and older).
1. Don't drink and drive.
Compiled by Kathy Bailey, URI Class of 1998