Info for All Summer Housing Applicants
- The online applications for Summer Housing are available as of February 25, 2013 at housing.uri.edu. Click on the MY HOUSING link at the top of the webpage's right hand menu to select the appropriate application for your summer housing needs.
- You must have a valid URI Student ID# to submit an e-campus compatible housing application. If you are not enrolled as a student at URI you will not have a URI ID# that will be recognized by our system. Applicants who do not have a URI Student ID# must go to housing.uri.edu, click on the SUMMER HOUSING link at the top of the right hand menu, then click on the URI Affiliate Application on the application page.
- No deposit is required to apply for Summer Housing. Summer Session 1 room assignments will be posted on your MY HOUSING page by May 4th. Affiliates will have their room assignments emailed to them by May 11th. Rooms are assigned on a first come first serve basis as space is available.
- Students needing accommodations during Senior Week and/or Summer Session 1 must submit their application by April 30, 2013. Housing cannot be guaranteed for Summer Session 1 students if applications are received after this date.
- It is the Department of Housing and Residential Life's (HRL's) prerogative to assign residents to their respective buildings and rooms to achieve the highest and best use of available space.
- Contact the Summer Housing Office at 401-874-2376 or email us at email@example.com for further information. Our office is located on the ground floor of Adams Hall in the HRL Customer Service Center. The entrance to our office is located in the back (west side) of the building.
Undergraduate Summer School Students
Housing is available on the Kingston campus for students enrolled in URI's Summer School. Summer School Students are eligible to live on campus for the period of time they are enrolled in summer classes.
Wiley Hall Apartments, Flagg Rd.
Wiley Hall is a new facility with 4 and 5 bedroom apartments. These apartments are fully furnished and room assignments are single occupancy unless otherwise specified. The building is air conditioned, apartments have full kitchens (including microwaves), private bathrooms. Each bedroom is equipped with wired and wireless internet connections, as well as cable TV connections. The University no longer offers a telephone system to residents’ rooms and kitchens are not supplied beyond appliances. All beds in Wiley Apartments are Extra Long FULL. Queen sheets are recommended for these beds. All apartments in Wiley Hall must be vacated at the end of Summer Session 2.
COST: $1,025 per room per 5 week summer session.
DATES: 5.19.13 - 7.27.13
Senior Week Housing, offered between the end of the academic year and the opening of summer school (5.14.12 - 5.19.12), is available for summer school students who live in the residence halls and whose homes are more than a day’s drive from campus. Housing during Senior Week costs an additional $175.
University Summer Student Employees & Interns
Housing is available on the Kingston campus for students who are employed by the university during the summer months, or are participating in internship experiences in the area. Summer Student Employees and Interns are eligible to live on campus from the close of the spring semester through Transfer Day, August 18, 2013.
Wiley Hall Suites, Flagg Rd.
Summer Student Employees and Interns are housed in the suite section of Wiley Hall. Wiley is a new facility and is equipped with 10 room suites. These suites are fully furnished and room assignments are single occupancy unless otherwise specified. The building is air conditioned and suites have private bathrooms. Each bedroom is equipped with wired and wireless internet connections as well as cable TV connections. The University no longer offers a telephone system to residents’ rooms. Suites do not have private kitchen facilities in them but students living there have access to the suite kitchen on the first floor as well as the common area kitchen at the entrance to the building. Kitchens are not supplied beyond appliances, but do include microwave ovens. All beds in Wiley Suites are Extra Long FULL. Queen sheets are recommended for these beds. Wiley Hall suites must be vacated by Transfer Day, August 18, 2013. Student employees will be allowed to move directly into their academic year housing assignments in the residence halls on Transfer Day.
COST: $825 per room per 5 week summer session. (There are NO tuition waivers associated with being a summer student employee. Students must contact Enrollment Services for information on financial aid opportunities). If more student employees and interns apply for housing than there are suites available, they may be placed in apartments and billed at the apartment rate.
DATES: 5.14.12 - 8.18.12
Student Employees and Interns who will not be living in the residence halls for the 2013 fall semester must make alternative housing arrangements between August 18th and the start of the school year. These students should consider finding alternative housing for the summer which can accommodate them through their fall housing move in date. Questions pertaining to room availability in fraternities and sororities during the summer should be directed to Fraternity Manager's Association at 401-874-2557. The Commuter Housing Office can also assist with finding summer housing accommodations in the area. They can be reached at 401-874-2828.
Graduate Students, Visiting Scholars, Workshop Participants & Research Associates:
NOTE: The Rainbow Diversity House is no longer available for use.
The Gateway Apartments will be undergoing renovations during the summer of 2013 and are unavailable for use for this season.