Computer Disposals and Destruction of Hard Drives
The security of the data on the hard drive of a computer is our first priority in Support Services in the computer disposal process. Please follow these short steps:
- Submit the completed and signed work order and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The computer will be picked up, brought to Central Receiving, and locked up.
- The hard drive will be removed, logged in and secured in a safe.
- The vendor is contacted and a date is set for the hard drives to be shredded. A Support Services staff member transports them to the State's recycling vendor and observes the shredding of these drives. The vendor has a video camera on during the process.
- If there are any questions about this process, or a department requires special handling, please contact the Assistant Director of Support Services at 4-2760 for further information.