Central Receiving warehouse is located at the northwest corner of the University. The staff:
- receives the majority of bulk campus deliveries at its loading docks off Plains Road;
- breaks them down, and delivers these goods to the appropriate departments on campus.
- provides the material support for all special events;
- handles a broad range of work orders, which includes shredding of confidential documents; ordering of tables and chairs for special events.
The warehouse serves as the storage facility for surplus office furniture, made available to all departments as needed on campus.
Equipment disposals are processed through this facility by contacting the secretary listed below BEFORE any transaction is made.
- For disposal of Federal items (with a yellow tag accompanying the URI#) click on the Federal Property page for instructions.
- For computer disposals, on this web site go to FORMS and complete a work order; the computer will be picked up and brought to Central Receiving and locked up, the hard drive will be removed, logged in and secured in a safe. The vendor is contacted and a date is set for the hard drives to be shredded. A Support Services staff member will transport the hard drives to the State's recycling vendor and observes the shredding of these drives. The vendor has a video camera on during the process. If there are any questions about this process, or the department requires special handling, please contact the Asst. Director of Support Services at 4-2760 for further information.
Location & Hours
Central Receiving Warehouse
563 Plains Road
Kingston, RI 02881
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 3:00pm
[an error occurred while processing this directive]