Skip to main content
Scenes from University College
UC Home
Admission Requirements
Advising & Registration
Transfer Courses to URI
Understanding your transfer credit evaluation

Transfer Courses to URI

*Subject to change without notice*

Option 1: Click the link above to view the alphabetical list (by school) of courses previously approved.

Option 2: What do you do if the course is not listed in our Prior Approved Database? Click the following link to print the Prior Approval Form and follow the directions indicated.

Once you have completed the course you would like to transfer to URI you must submit an Official Transcript to the address below. A grade of “C” or better will transfer. Grades earned at another institution will not be included in the calculation of your GPA at URI.

Taking courses at the Community College of Rhode Island or Rhode Island College?

Transferring courses taken at CCRI or RIC is easy.  See the transfer guide online at: Select the current year Transfer Guide and scroll to section 2 to view the course to course equivalencies. After completing the course(s) you must submit an Official Transcript to the above address for proper posting of credits to your URI record.


For students who took AP courses in their senior year of high school, scores will come electronically to URI in the summer preceding the first semester of matriculation, if you have selected us as a receiving institution. If, however, you took AP courses in any other year of high school, you must request to have the transcript sent to the University directly from College Board: Send your scores to the above address.


Untitled Document

           Contact Information

Transfer Resource Center
90 Lower College Road
Roosevelt Hall, Room 114
Kingston, RI 02881

Phone: (401) 874-4972
Fax: (401) 874-5085