Academically successful CCRI students who are enrolled under the Joint Admission Agreement are entitled to a tuition reduction through the Joint Admissions Award for Academic Achievement (JA-AAA) once they enroll at URI. To qualify for the JA-AAA, students must be active participants in the JAA, earn an associate's degree from CCRI, complete the required courses listed on the student JAA transition plan and graduate with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA). The amount of the tuition reduction for the first year at URI depends on the students, cumulative GPA upon graduation from CCRI:
Students paying out of state tuition will receive the dollar equivalencies to the aforementioned discounts.Students who maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA at URI can renew the tuition waiver for a second or third year. For more information please to go to
JAA tuition reduction applies to Fall and Spring semester only.
Once students enroll at URI
- CUM GPA must remain at 3.0 or higher to be eligible for the JAA reduction.
- There is no appeal for students who's GPA falls below a 3.0
- Part time students are eligible for tuition reduction
- Students on an approved Leave of Absence (LOA) can receive the tuition reduction when they return to URI
- Students who withdraw from URI and then return are not eligible for tuition discount
- Transfer Resource Center and University College will complete a review of student records twice a year in January & May - after grades are posted on e-Campus.
- A review GPA and Major code/Curriculum to ensure students are following an approved JAA program.
Transfer Resource Center
90 Lower College Road
Roosevelt Hall, Room 114
Kingston, RI 02881
Phone: (401) 874-4972
Fax: (401) 874-5085