Web Strategy and Planning Committee
This site provides information about the committee, its members and its policies.
Role of the Committee:
is to advise and guide the development of University Web services and to advise and support the University Webmaster.
Charge to the Committe:
Composition of the Committee
- Advise the University over time about new uses or directions for the Web.
- Advise the University about expanded Web services for alums and other constituencies.
- Set and help align Web priorities with the University's strategic goals and technology plans.
- Establish guidelines and standards for ease of navigation and access on the URI Web.
- Serve as a sounding board for regular reviews of URI Web services.
- Review recommendations from the Web Management Team.
: The Committee is chaired by the University Webmaster and reports to the Vice-Provost for Information Services.
There are two types of members: Standing Members (appointed permanently by virtue of their office) and At Large Members (appointed on a rotating basis). Standing members include the following or their designees:
- Vice Provost for Information Services
- University Webmaster
- Director of Communications
- Director of Enrollment Services
- Director of Planning Services and Professional Development
- Director of Publications
- Director of University Libraries
- Faculty Senate Rep
- Representatives of Each Campus
- Graduate Student Association Rep
- Student Senate Rep
At Large members are appointed from various academic and administrative offices and student organizations on campus for rotating one-year terms.
List of Attending Members
Official policy for creating and maintaining Web pages at the University of Rhode Island.
Web Design Guidelines and Recommendations
Guidelines and recommendations for creating Web pages for campus units.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
Information on how to make your Web pages accessible to people with disabilities.