- Sexual Assault (rape) is an act of violence and control using sex as a weapon. It is not motivated by sexual desire, but by the desire to overpower and dominate the victim.
- The majority of acquaintance rapes are committed against women between the ages of 15 and 24. (U.S. Justice Department)
- 1 in 12 male students have committed acts that meet the legal definition of rape or attempted rape. (University of Pennsylvania, STARR)
- Dates and parties are not always safe.
- Men can be victims of sexual assault. Statistics show that approximately 10% of victims are male.
- It's OK to say NO without giving an explanation.
- No one owes sex as payment to anyone else, no matter how expensive the date.
- Going back to someone's room or apartment does not mean that one plans to engage in sexual activity.
- No one, male or female, deserves to be raped.