Links & Resources
Recent URI Work-Life Presentations
- Silver, B. & Mederer, H.(June 13-16, 2012). Taking it to the Next Level: Data-Driven Strategies to Promote Change in a Public, Unionized University. Presented at the Work & Family Researchers' Network Inaugural Conference, New York, NY.
- Mederer, H., Silver, B., & Sherwood, J. (June 27-29, 2012). Gender Structure Theory as a Model for Organizational Transformation of Academia. Presented at the Gender, Work, & Organization Conference, Staffordshire, England.
- Silver, B. (Mar. 7-8, 2012). URI's Transitional Support Program. Presented at Rethinking the Future of the STEM Workplace: Convening of Global Experts on Work-Life-Family Issues. Elsevier Foundation, New York, NY.
- Mederer, H. (Oct. 17, 2011). Work-Life Balance. Keynote address presented at the 2011 Northeast Management Officers (NEMO) Annual Meeting.
- Mederer, H., & Silver, B. (June 23, 2011). Workplace Flexibility and Faculty Success: What a Chair Needs to Know. Chairs' Workshop. University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI.
- Silver, B. (May 17, 2011). Women in Higher Education: Promoting Success through Workplace Flexibility. Keynote address presented at Delta Kappa Gamma Society Meeting, East Greenwich, RI.
- Silver, B. (April 8, 2011). Ensuring Effective Faculty Mentoring: Tips for Chairs and Faculty Mentoring. Two workshops facilitated at Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, MA
- Silver, B. (2011). Mastering the Balancing Act: How to Find work-Life Balance Amidst the Unbalancing Demands of a Faculty Position. Presented at West Chester University, March 31, 2011. West Chester, PA
- Mederer, H., & Silver, B. (2010). Buy-In: Targeting Three levels of Barriers to Change. Presented at the College and University Work/Family Association 16th National Conference, Cambridge, MA. May 5-7, 2010.
- Mederer, H. (2010). Retaining Postdoc women Through Effective Postdoctoral Policies. Presented at the national Summit on Gender and the Postdoctorate, Philadelphia, PA.
- Mederer, H. & Silver, B. (2009). Two Steps Forward, One Step Back: Maintaining Optimism during Institutional Transformation. Southern Connecticut State University Work-Life Best Practices in Higher Education Conference, October 29, 2009.
- Mederer, H., Boudreaux-Bartels, F., Harlow, L., Santiago, M. silver, b., & Stamm, K. (2009). Perceptions of work-Life balance in Academia: Organizational, Interactional, and Individual Predictors. Winter Meeting of Sociologist for Women in Society, Savannah, GA.
URI Work-Life Publications
Organizations and Initiatives
Alliance for Work-Life Progress
CUWFA (College and University Work/Family Association)
Center for Work and Family - Boston College
Center for Work-Life Policy
Companies That Care
Corporate Voices for Working Families
Delaware Employment Law Blog - Resources for Research on Work-Life Balance and Flexible Work Arrangements
Families and Work Institute
Georgetown Law's Public Policy Platform on Flexible Work Arrangements
National Clearinghouse on Academic Worklife
National Partnership for Women and Families
National Women's Law Center
Resources for Research on Work-Life Balance & Flexible-Work Arrangements: Delaware Employment Law Blog
New England Family and Work Association
Parenting in the Workplace
Rutgers Center for Women and Work
The Sloan Work and Family Research Network
U.S. Dept. of Labor - Work Hours: Flexible Schedules
U.S. Dept. of Labor Women's Bureau - Flex Options Guide
When Work Works
White House Council on Women and Girls - Workplace Flexibility
Women Entrepreneurs, Inc. Flex Options
Work, Family & Health Network
Work+Life Fit, Inc. Blog
Workplace Flexibility 2010