The Academic Enhancement Center’s Mission is to assist all URI students in achieving academic success. We seek to help students to build supportive relationships, strengthen academic and professional skills, and strive for personal and intellectual growth - as individuals and as members of a diverse university community.
Our mission is grounded in the following Values:
• All students are capable learners, and are entitled to learning support that addresses their needs and best supports and enhances their ability to learn.
• All students are valuable members of the URI community, and are most likely to succeed when engaged in meaningful learning relationships with peers, faculty, and staff.
• All students are entitled to be treated with equal dignity and respect, and provided with learning services that are responsive to racial, ethnic, gender and cultural difference.
To realize this mission, we have established the following Goals:
• To create a diverse, inclusive learning assistance center in which all URI students can feel welcomed, supported, and valued.
• To support the development of collaborative, productive relationships between students, their peers, and their teachers.
• To engage and promote the value of active learning processes through learner-centered academic support.
• To effectively support course instruction through the facilitation of supplemental learning activity.
• To enable students to analyze their circumstances, identify their own needs, and develop personalized, effective strategies for success.