Faculty and Staff
Nedra Reynolds, Ph.D.
Professor, Department Chair
MWF: 10:30 - 1:30; TTH: 10:30 - 12:00; and by appointment.
Emporia State University; Miami University of Ohio
Geographies of writing; composition pedagogy and cultural studies; portfolios.
Courses Recently Taught:
WRT 201, WRT 270, WRT 435, WRT 490
Recent and/or Forthcoming Publications:
- Geographies of Writing: Inhabiting Places and Encountering Difference, Southern Illinois University Press, 2004.
- The Bedford Bibliography for Teachers of Writing, 6th edition 2004. With Patricia Bizzell and Bruce Herzberg.
- Portfolio Keeping: A Guide for Students and Portfolio Teaching: A Guide for Teachers. Bedford Books, 2000.
- "Activism and Service Learning." with Donna M. Bickford. Pedagogy 2(2002): 229-52.
- "Who's Going to Cross This Border? Travel Metaphors, Material Conditions, and Contested Places." jac 20(2000): 541-64.
- "Composition's Imagined Geographies: The Politics of Space in the Frontier, City, and Cyberspace" College Composition and Communication, Vol. 50, September 1998.
- "Interrupting Our Way to Agency: Feminist Cultural Studies and Composition" in Feminism and Composition Studies: In Other Words (MLA).
Visiting Scholar or Invited Speaker at Virginia Tech University (April 2010); University of Connecticut--Greater Hartford (April 2010); DePaul University (December 2009); University of Montana (August 2009); University of Michigan at Dearborn (April 2009); University of Hawai`i at M?noa (October 2008); Emerson College (September 2007); University of Tampa (February 2007); former chair of the PK-16 Advisory Committee on the Language Arts (State of Rhode Island Office of Higher Education and Department of Education); past member of the CCCC Executive Committee.
Current Research Interests:
Place-based theories of composing; portfolio assessment.