Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, April 20, 2006 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a brief meeting of the General Faculty for the purpose of approving certification of degree candidates.
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #7, March 23, 2006 (attached).
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
D. Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Martin:
- That the Faculty Senate adopt the proposed schedule of meetings for the 2006-07 academic year (attached p. 18);
- That the Faculty Senate approve the following nominating committee for officers of the 2006-07 Faculty Senate:
Jerome Adams, Human Science and Services
Ginette Ferszt, College of Nursing
Karen Ramsay, University Libraries
- That the Faculty Senate suspend the current administrator evaluation process for 2006-07 and approve the establishment of an ad hoc committee on administrator evaluation (attached p. 19);
- That the Faculty Senate approve the change to section 2.14.10 Appointment of Administrative Officers as recommended by the Faculty Senate (attached p. 20);
- 5) That the Faculty Senate endorse the joint recommendation of the President and the Faculty Senate Executive Committee on the establishment of a Blue Ribbon Committee on Positioning the University of Rhode Island for the Future (attached pp. 21-24).
E. Update on URI's activities in preparation for the NEASC Accreditation Self-Study - Senator Kowalski.
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President.
#05-06--22 - Report of the Executive Committee on Academic Program Review. Approved by President Carothers on March 29, 2006.
#05-06--23 - The Four Hundred Forty-First Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Carothers on March 29, 2006.
#05-06--24 - Curricular Report No. 2005-2006-6 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Carothers on March 29, 2006.
05-06--25 - University College and General Education Committee Report #2005-06-3. Approved by President Carothers on March 29, 2006.
#05-06--26 - Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #2005-06-1 Resubmitted: Revised Proposed Modification to Calendar for Spring 2009. Approved by President Carothers on March 29, 2006.
#05-06--27 - Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #2005-06-3 Resubmitted: Revised Proposed Calendar for 2011-2012. Approved by President Carothers on March 29, 2006.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Forty-Second Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached pp. 24-32) - Senator Luebke.
B. Curricular Report No. 2005-06-7 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (attached pp. 33-35) - Vice Provost Pasquerella.
C. University College and General Education Committee Report #2005-06-4 (attached p. 36) - Professor Honhart.
D. Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #2005-06-4: Proposed New University Manual Section 8.26.13 and Amendment to Section 8.56.10 (attached pp. 37-38) - Professor Loy.
E. Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #2005-06-5: Proposed Amendment to Section 8.51.16 of the University Manual (attached p. 39) - Professor Loy.
F. Annual Report of the Teaching Effectiveness Committee (attached pp. 40-41) - Senator Glen Ramsay.
G. Final Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on early course registration (attached pp. 42-43) -- Senator Luebke
6. Unfinished Business
7. New Business
Full agenda are in the hand sof all senators and department chairs. They are also available through email on Facsen-Bus and on the Faculty Senate home page at www.uri.edu/facsen. Contact the Faculty Senate for detials.
CURRICULAR MEMORANDUM 2012-2013 Revised curricular procedures