Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, March 18, 2010 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building.
A reception at the University Club, sponsored by Vice President Robert Beagle, will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #6, February 25, 2010 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_06m_2-25-10.htm)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B. Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #26 and #27 http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Commtgs_09-10.html#FSEC) - Vice Chairperson Ordonez
C.Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Ordonez
That the Faculty Senate approve appointments to the Ad Hoc Committee on 4-Credit Courses and Curricula.
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
- #09-10--16 -Council for Research Report on Continuing Centers. President Dooley has requested and received a thirty-day extension in accordance with section 10.4 of the By-Laws of the Faculty Senate
- #09-10--17 -The Four Hundred Seventy-Sixth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Dooley on March 15, 2010.
- #09-10--18 -Curricular Report No. 4-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Dooley on March 15, 2010.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
Update on recent curricular innovations.
A. The Four Hundred Seventy-Seventh Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/477_CAC.pdf - Professor Mundorf
B. University College and General Education Committee Report #09-10-6 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/UCGE_09-10-6.pdf) - Senator Hicks
C. Curricular Report No. 5-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_5-2009-10.pdf) - Dean Killingbeck
D. Annual Report of the Teaching Effectiveness Committee for 2009-10 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/TEC_09-10.pdf) - Professor Kinney
6. Reports of Academic Plan Task Forces
Enrollment Management - RETENTION -- Vice Provost Libutti
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by Vice President Robert Beagle, will immediately follow the meeting.