General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
December 8, 2005
- The meeting was called to order by President Carothers at 3:01 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building.
- President Carothers asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Joel Dirlam, Professor Emeritus of Economics
Richard Hellman, Professor Emeritus of Economics
William Mensel, Assistant Professor of English
George Parks, former Dean of the University Libraries
- The Minutes of the September 22, 2005 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved as distributed.
- Interim Vice Provost Swift moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated December 7, 2005 subject to certification by the Colleges and Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
Interim Vice Provost Swift moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for December 2005. The motion passed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:05 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
Michael A. Rice