UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND
Kingston, Rhode Island
General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
April 23, 2009
1. The meeting was called to order by President Carothers at 3:07 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building
2. President Carothers asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Martha Barden, Assistant Professor Emerita of Nursing
Alan Berman, Professor of Psychology
Janet Hirsch, Professor Emerita of Nursing
Thomas Nally, Professor Emeritus of Education
William T. O'Malley, Professor of the University Library
Ralph Tutt, Professor Emeritus of English
Barbara Wilson, Professor Emerita of Dental Hygiene
3. The Minutes of the December 18, 2008 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved.
4. Provost DeHayes moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the list of potential candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated April 22. 2009, subject to certification by the Colleges and Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
Associate Dean Bibb moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for May 20, 2009 graduation The motion passed.
5. The meeting was adjourned at 3:10 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
Celest A. Martin