Monday, September 24, 2012 in Library Conference Room A
I. Call to order at 3:00 p.m.
II. Disposition of Minutes of 2011-12 Meeting #8, April 23, 2012
C. Cross-listing of courses - a discussion on its use
IV. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. College of Arts and Sciences
1. Department of Political Science
Change in level and number for PSC 288 to PSC 388 (288) and
prerequisite for 388 (288) (pending additional information)
2. Department of Political Science and Women's Studies Program
Addition of PSC 441 (or WMS 441) (pending additional information)
3. Harrington School of Communication and Media
Addition of SCM 481 WITHDRAWN (9/21/12)
B. College of the Environment and Life Sciences
Department of Plant Sciences
Addition of PLS 312 (pending additional information)
C. College of Human Science and Services
1. Re-naming of the College of Human Science and Services referred back to the
Curricular Affairs Committee with instructions to discuss further the issue in the
context of its impact on the University as a whole.
2. Department of Kinesiology
Addition of KIN 444X*
V. NEW BUSINESS
A. NEW COURSES
1. ECN 390 Topics in Economics (3-4 cr.)
2. MCE 428* Mechanics of Materials in Extreme Environments, 3 cr.
3. MIC 336X Microbial Biofilms, 3 cr. (temporary course)
4. PHP 201 Introduction to the U.S. Health Care System, 3 cr.
5. PLS 325 Vegetable Crops Production Techniques, 2 cr.
B. COURSE CHANGES
1. Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies:
The renamed Bachelor of Interdisciplinary studies will continue to offer majors in:
Applied Communications, Business Institutions, Health Services Administration, and Human Studies.
The 4 majors should be listed in the catalog under the Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies heading.
2. BA JOURNALISM: Removal of restrictions on choices of General Education courses for Journalism majors
*May require action by the Graduate Council